Tomorrow for me will be an evening of baking to prepare for Thursday’s cookie exchange. I will show you some pictures when I make the cookies. This afternoon we are going to a family holiday dinner, and I need a dessert to bring along so I am going to make one batch of the cookies ahead of time for today since I already have the ingredients I need. It will save me one trip to the grocery store, and this time of year that is a great thing!
I wanted to share some holiday ideas with you that I have come across in various places.
On Paula Deen I saw a few center piece ideas which are great when you are on a budget.
· For an inexpensive center piece fill glass vases you already own with peppermint candies in the center of the table.
· Winter greens would also work nicely.
· Fill bowls or large vases with ornaments
· Wrap boxes in gift wrap and place in the center of your table
· You could also do a combination of all of the above
For gift wrapping try doing an eco friendly version:
· Wrap your gifts in a dishcloth with a ribbon. I think this would be an especially great way to go for a hostess gift, or a gift that includes food. This idea I saw on MarthaStewart.com
· Another idea is to wrap your gifts in a reusable bag with a bow. Lots of places sell reusable bags that fold into a small purse size pouches for easy storage. It is like 2 gifts in one!
For information on how to make the perfect bow in 5 easy steps from Home Made Simple visit http://homemadesimple.com/en_CA/nbrcontent.do?contentType=ed&articleId=ar098
I hope one of these ideas will work for you, or at least get you brainstorming some ideas of your own J
Do you have any center piece or gift wrapping ideas you would like to share?