While the kids and I were out at the movie store we also stopped by Superstore to get a few needed items. Normally I avoid bringing the kids to the grocery store if I can, but since they were with me today Big Brother picked out a new coloring book, complete with glitter stickers that he absolutely loves!
Being a Mom I am always on the lookout for new healthy and easy snack ideas, so I thought I would share two things I make with you.
The first is hard boiled eggs.
Here is how I make Hard Boiled Eggs
· Cover the eggs in cold water, bring to a boil.
· When the water comes to a boil, put the lid on the pot and turn the heat off.
· Let the eggs sit for 10 minutes.
· When the 10 minutes is up I submerge the eggs in cold water to make them easier to peel.
The second snack or accompaniment to a meal is Yam bites.
To make Yam Bites
· Wash and cut up 2 yams in bite size pieces.
· Toss in olive oil, cinnamon, and a small amount of salt.
· Roast at 400°F for about 15 minutes.
Then I just store them in the fridge in a Tupperware so they are ready for when I need them.
Both these food are great for adults as well. I love to add the yam bites and hard boiled eggs to my salad at lunch.
These are super simple ideas but sometimes it helps to be reminded of different ideas to switch things up.
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Have you seen any movies lately you really enjoyed?