In addition, spring and summer would not be the same without sun tea. Fruit infused sun tea is especially delicious, and don’t worry I found this recipe works great even if it’s not scorching hot out, all you need is some good ol’ fashioned bright sunshine.
Keep healthy, happy, and glowing!
Fruit Infused Sun Tea
You will need:
Mason jar with lid
2 tea bags (I used herbal mint tea in the picture above)
Berries & Fruit (I used lemon slices, blueberries, and strawberries slices)
Fill a clean Mason jar with purified or filtered water. Add 2 tea bags, and place lid on jar.
Place jar in a sunny spot, and allow to steep for 1 hour.
Remove the tea bags. Add slices of fruit and berries to the tea.
Place tea with fruit into the refrigerator, and allow to infuse for one hour.
Serve (pour over ice if desired).
*Play around. Get creative. Use your favorite teas and fruits to make tasty combinations. Let me know what you come up with!
To Print, Email or Text Fruit Infused Sun Tea recipe click here.
Creating quick and healthy meals can be easy. It simply requires that you have a few nutritious ingredients on hand ready to go in the fridge. Mix and match, serve over greens, and add your favorite healthy condiments as toppings.
Great foods to keep on hand in the fridge:
Roasted sweet potato chunks (with skins!)
Sautéed veggies, such as peppers, onions, and mushrooms
Raw nuts and seeds (they add flavor, nutrition, and great crunch)
Greens (such as spinach, kale, and romaine)
Avocado (in the pantry, not the fridge)
With just those few ingredients listed you can mix and match to make many different meals and snacks.
- Try a burrito bowl with rice, beans, greens, sautéed veggies, salsa and sliced avocado.
- Make tacos using organic sprouted corn tortillas with beans, sautéed veggies, a few chopped greens, salsa and avocado.
- Lentil salad with lentils, sautéed veggies, nuts or seeds, fresh squeezed lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. Wonderful served over greens.
- Personally I love sweet potato chunks with salsa, delicious and healthy!
- A hearty salad with greens, nuts and seeds, avocado, a small scoop of beans or lentils, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper. It’s tasty and satisfying.
There are so many meals you can throw together in minutes by having a few basic ingredients, prepared and ready to go for the week ahead. Pick a night with less going on and cook some rice, lentils, and beans, roast a couple of sweet potatoes, sauté a few veggies and you’ll be good to go the whole week through.
Hopefully that gives you a few good ideas that won’t break the bank and will nourish your body and soul from the inside out. With a little creativity, there are no limits to what you can come up with.
With so much love,