I’ll give you a hint...
It was sent by
Have you ever experienced one of those times when you thought about something a lot, and then one way or another it somehow appeared in your life? That is exactly what happened to me with this showerhead. I kid you not!
Here is how it happened. A few weeks ago we were out of town staying at a cute hotel we had never visited before. In the shower I noticed a hand-held showerhead with a hose. Silly or not, immediately I felt better about the cleanliness of the hotel shower. I try, try being the key word, not to think about it when traveling but I have heard a few too many hotel cleaning horror stories and it tends to stick with me.
One time I heard someone say, in my mind it was none other than Martha, but don’t quote me on that because it was a long time ago and she is kind of the queen of clean in my head. The way to properly clean a shower is if hose allows the water to reach everywhere in the shower to spray it down. Ever since then I wanted a hand-held shower head with a hose. Being at the hotel and seeing one reminded me of that. On the way home in the car I was talking my husband’s ear off about how I would really like to get one for our home.
The next day I received an email from Modern Mom saying they were looking for some members of their insiders club to review a product... A Waterpik Easy Select 5-Setting Hand-Held Showerhead! I was thinking NO WAY, SERIOUSLY?! I may be creative, but not creative enough to make this kind of stuff up. I had a big huge smile, and a little happy giggle. I was thrilled when Modern Mom sent a note saying it was on its way! And really excited to call my husband up and tell him that after all that talking about it on our trip we were going to have one of our own.
The Waterpik shower head exceeded my expectations with 5 different settings. What can I say, sometimes the universe just dreams a bigger dream, ya know?
My first impression before even opening it was that I liked how it had a large surface area.
I think my husband was pretty excited about it too, because he even offered to install it for me right away. That is a really nice offer from him because normally that is not the kind of thing he likes to do. This blog is a fun little chronicle of some of our improvements and victories along the way. I am sure I could have installed it myself, but there was NO WAY I was going to turn that offer down J!
I mean someone had to keep an eye on The Doctors episode I previously recorded that day ;-)
· It was truly easy to install. Hubby said the instructions were really good, and simple to understand. There was no “what does that mean?” I say that because that is normal for us with any type of home improvement or putting something together.
· I love, love, love that it is attached to a hose!! That alone makes me feel like ‘I’m treating myself better’ because it makes cleaning the shower much easier and does a better job.
· Also with it being on a hose it works really well to wash our young children’s hair. No more having to dump buckets over their head. You can put it on the water saver setting for a gentle spray. If your children are giving you a hard time with the bath you can distract them by easily changing the settings which they think is really cool. My son loves spraying himself and says that it tickles.
· If you ever have a diaper explosion, like I have! Or if the kids are just covered in sand, mud or anything else little kids manage to get into, it is so much easier to clean them off using the hand-held shower head then trying to dump water on them and scrub with a cloth.
· The power spray setting is great for removing the foam soap my kids love to play with in the tub.
· For me personally I take showers both to get clean and relax. I rarely take baths anymore, so I enjoy the circular massage setting for a little more relaxation. It is a great excuse to take a little more time for myself ;-)
· Also because some of my showers are at the end of the day to unwind I don’t always wash my hair each time. Some of the settings work well for focusing more on my back and not getting my hair as wet, which I like.
So far the only thing I can think of that we liked more about our old shower head was that it was easier to point to different spots in the shower if you weren’t doing the handheld option that is. And honestly that is kind of a stretch because it isn’t hard to point the Waterpik either, just not quite as easy as our old one.
We are really happy with the showerhead, and very much appreciate the opportunity to review it. Thank you Waterpik and Modern Mom!
For relaxation do you prefer showers, baths, or both? Any questions about the showerhead you would like me to answer?