Plant a tree
And try a headstand.”
How’s your week going? We had so much fun teaching a class at Lululemon in Spokane last week. Thank you very much for all the positive vibes. It’s such a treat to be able to do what we love together.
In this video, we break down how to do a tripod headstand. There are many steps you can take to work your way up to it, with health benefits in each progression. Reversing the blood flow to your head is thought to do many positive things for the body, and you don’t have to be in a full headstand to receive those benefits.
Some yogis believe headstands are the fountain of youth!
The Health Benefits of doing a Headstand:
- Inversions are thought to help with stress relief, anxiety or fear.
- Sending blood flow to your head may help your scalp by carrying with it nutrients and oxygen.
- Increases focus and brain function, this is also helpful for an overactive mind.
- Helps bring fresh blood to your pituitary glands.
- Strengthens arms, shoulders and core.
- The blood flow can help stimulate the Lymphatic System, therefor flushing toxins.
- Flipping yourself upside down and changing the relation of gravity to the digestive tract is thought to aid in digestion, helping blood flow to organs and increasing body heat.
Wendy and Clark