White Chocolate Raspberry Rhubarb Scones
2 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold vegan butter, cubed
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup fresh rhubarb, sliced into small chunks
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup oat milk
Egg Wash optional (omit if making vegan)
1 large egg
1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cubed butter. Using a pastry blender cut the butter into the dry ingredients until you have course crumbs.
- Gently stir in sugar, raspberries, rhubarb and white chocolate.
- Add oat milk and stir until combined. The dough should feel somewhat sticky but if it's too dry you can add an extra tablespoon of milk, 1 at a time.
- Scoop the dough out onto a well floured counter-top or mat, bringing it together and flattening it out into a 10 inch circle. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges using a sharp knife. Carefully place wedges onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Whisk egg and water in a small bowl and brush onto the top of the scones.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown when using egg wash.